Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Kitty, The Devil and Getting Fit!

Well today was a sad day in the Morrison household. Our cat Grady, that we’ve had since I was in 1st grade passed away this morning. She was 16 years old I believe? That’s a pretty dang old cat. So this cat is a royal pain in my butt. She was the most annoying, mean, obnoxious cat in the world! Whenever someone was eating she would try and get as close to your food as possible and paw at your food trying to swipe it! Whenever someone would walk into the kitchen where the cat food was, she would meow, which sounded more like a yell! And she would just keep yelling at you until you got her food! Then half the time once you put food into her dish she would just walk away. For the longest during high school she loved to sleep at the end of my bed. I however was not a fan of this sleeping arrangement. Countless times in the night my toes would poke out the end of my blanket and she would attack my feet! So at three in the morning I’d be woken up by sharp claws digging into my feet and she didn’t seem to think there was a problem with this! And probably my least favorite thing about this blasted cat is that she shed like there was no tomorrow!! She was white as could be, so wearing anything other than white was a hassle! Anytime I had a black shirt on I’d have to take a lint roller to it, and that was kind of a lost cause. Now I know she was a cat and not a dog, and pardon my french but this cat was more of a “bitch” than any female dog I’ve ever encountered and my family will testify that is the best word to describe her. (Except my sister. That cat could kill a human and my sister would still claim she is a princess.) If she wasnt getting what she wanted she would make your life miserable. With all that being said, I loved that cat to death!!! I’ll admit I got teary-eyed when my mom told me today she had passed away. Had I not been at the school I probably would have been bawling. After 16 years it’s nearly impossible to not be attached to an animal, especially one that our family viewed as a family member. I dare say my Dad loves our pets as much, if not more than his own children. Which I’m ok with because I love our pets a lot too. I’m going to miss that cat regardless of how much I disliked everything it stood for and I’m not looking forward to going home this weekend and having her not be there to yell at me.

Moving on to a not much lighter note… This semester is pretty good so far. I originally had 17 credits, but dropped a class because another one of my classes is straight up Hell. (once again sorry for the language). Ok I may feel a little bad after I describe my teacher, but this will partially explain why he is on the verge of ruining my life. So this man, who I won’t name, is very, very, very large in stature. Our class is at 8:30 in the morning and when he comes in he is always out of breath and sweating. Walking from his office 100 yards away is apparently a really challenging task. He stands in front of the room constantly whipping sweat from his face which is rather gross and distracting. But that’s not why I like him. This man is just PURE EVIL! He has had some rough things happen in his life causing him to very unhappy. Seeing as how he tells us these things openly to the entire class I feel ok sharing it. Him and his wife are ex-mormons (reason enough to be unhappy). He had a son who served a mission, later became gay and committed suicide. He is also trying to quit smoking which I’m sure adds to his attitude. Those are all terrible things and I wouldn’t wish those upon anybody. But this man is so unhappy that he absolutely refuses to let anybody else be happy!! He is a smart man and knows what he is talking about. This is college and it’s supposed to be tough, but this man grades his assignments harder than anybody I’ve ever met. When we do citations for papers, even if one comma is out of place we get it wrong. The other day I got chewed out in front of the class because I showed up 15 minutes early to print off an assignment that was due, but the printer wasn’t working in our class so even though I finished the assignment a week before it was due, I was now “irresponsible” and “disrespectful” for taking 3 minutes of the class time, even though he didn’t have the power point up yet! The one friend I had in the class dropped it and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive her because now I’m stuck in there alone. I seriously get anxiety every Tuesday and Thursday when I have to go to his class. I don’t think that this accurately describes how evil of a man he is. But even on ratemyprofessor.com, there is not a single nice thing said about this man. So I’ve got plenty of other people to back me up. And I am going to everything in my power to not have to take another class from him.

In my last post about new years resolutions I was going to start working out and getting in shape again. Well I’m giving it a valiant effort. Going to the gym everyday, and sometimes twice if I have other friends that want to go. I’m trying to eat healthy and watch what I eat. Needless to say, no amount of going to the gym makes me enjoy it! I absolutely hate it!! I don’t mind playing tennis, basketball, soccer, or anything that’s active with a purpose. But spending a half hour on the treadmill or elliptical, is just frustrating! People are always putting on their Facebook that they love going to the gym in the morning and how it’s such a good start to their day… Well not this guy! The gym is such a dreadful place and no matter how much time I spend in there I find no joy in it. And as far as the dieting goes, if its healthy, it tastes like poo. Turkey bacon and egg whites? I can hardly call myself a man. If someone thinks turkey bacon tastes anything like normal bacon they should be shipped to Mexico, or even worse, Canada. Grandma Corry is on my case all the time because I don’t like vegetables. I don’t know what my deal is, but I do not enjoy them. I’ve had them prepared in more ways than imaginable and even though some of them I can eat, I by no means enjoy them! I can eat fruit all day long no problem, but if someone tries to give me a carrot, squash, zucchini, or something like that, I consider them a worse friend than one that offers me drugs. However, I am making some progress slowly but surely. But I sure wish it would come off faster. I only know two ways to achieve faster results. But I enjoy food far too much to not eat it, or eat very very little of it. And I hate throwing up more than almost anything in the world so that whole binge and then purge thing is out of the question. So I guess for now I’ll keep slaving away in the gym until I get sexy and in turn for my efforts, am rewarded with a smoking hot girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment